PARENTS/CARERS SUPPORTING SUCCESS
WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILD’S LEARNING
- Make sure that your child attends the academy every day and arrives punctually before 8.35am.
- Ensure your child arrives at the academy appropriately dressed in full school uniform and with the correct equipment every day.
- Provide a suitable work area which is quiet for your child to complete work at home.
- Check daily that homework is being completed.
- Ensure that my child uses the internet safely and sensibly so that it does not bring harm to themselves or others.
- Encourage your child to read for at least 15 minutes every day, as it significantly impacts their performance in all subjects.
- In case of absence, please contact the school on the morning of the absence and send a note or a copy of the medical slip upon your child's return.
- Plan family holidays to coincide with school holidays to ensure that your child doesn't miss any learning opportunities at the academy
At Heath Lane Academy, we encourage parents to remain vigilant about their child's well-being and academic journey. Here are some key signs to watch for:
- Pay attention to any signs that your child may be feeling unhappy or unsafe while at school.
- Be alert to sudden mood changes, as this could be indicative of underlying concerns.
- Notice if your child is completing fewer homework assignments than usual.
- Observe if they are no longer participating in the activities they typically enjoy.
Nurturing Successful Students:
We believe that successful students demonstrate certain characteristics, including:
- Motivation to excel academically.
- Effective time management skills.
- Consistent meeting of deadlines.
- Clear and focused goals for their educational journey.
Get in Touch with Us:
If you have any concerns or notice any of the signs mentioned above in your child, please do not hesitate to contact us at 01455 845061.
We are committed to providing support and guidance to ensure your child's well-being and academic success.