The Designated Safeguarding Lead at Heath Lane Academy is Mrs Philippa Curtis, Assistant Principal
Safeguarding is about ensuring everyone is safe from harm – safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment – and that we all feel safe in our environment.
The school works with Operation Encompass.
If you have any Safeguarding concerns please contact our Safeguarding Officer Jamie Wheeler on 07583 063837.
Below is a series of websites you can use to gain additional advice and support
You may need to add this website to your pop-up blocker exception list.
Prevention and supporting missing children and their families
Child sexual exploitation.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People from Sexual Exploitation (2009)
- Tackling child sexual exploitation action plan
- National Working Group website, a UK network of over 1000 practitioners working on the issue of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and trafficking within the UK. includes relevant resources for practitioners
- Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (PACE)
- FACE (Fighting Against Child Exploitation)
- Youtube: Consequences: Assembly for 11 16 year olds
- Safeguarding Children Who May Have Been Trafficked Guidance (2011)
- NSPCC Child Trafficking Advice Centre (CTAC)
- London Borough of Hillingdon resources for trafficked children
- Every Child Protected Against Trafficking
- Parents Conducting good return interviews for young people who run away (2014) from the Children’s Society
Extremism and preventing radicalisation
Anti-bullying (including Cyber Bullying)
A range of information and guidance is available via Leicestershire’s Anti-Bullying Website. Information, resources and advice leaflets are available to download or print.
- Stop online abuse
- Leicestershire and Rutland Safeguarding Children Board: Information for Children and Young People
- Beyond Bullying